Friday, August 29, 2014

Alive in the Superunknown




Details: Dress/Tunic(?)-Free People, Shoes-Nordstrom Rack, Black Lace Shorts-Urban Outfitters

So, it's been a while since my last post, and for that I am quite sad. I've just been super busy getting settled into my new apartment and preparing for the start of school. I'm so in love with my apartment and the wonderful people I am sharing it with. I will probably post pictures soon, but it's honestly kinda in a state of horrible mess that we've been too busy/lazy to deal with yet. But hopefully, for all of our sakes, we will tidy up soon and I'll be able to take some pictures of it. 

It seems odd having been in Berkeley for so long and just now posting these pictures that Jack took just before I left Dallas. Regardless, Jack is amazing and I miss him so much already (and also missin his photography skills), so I had to put these up! We headed to Kyle Warren park downtown to shoot these, so I really had to buck up and face my fear of awkwardly shooting in public. It's a really beautiful park full of all sorts of fun little areas though, so it was definitely worth it!

Since coming out here, I've spent quite a bit of time in San Fran (definitely more than I did last semester). I went and did some more touristy things with my mom right after arriving here, and then I went to the 20th street block party in the Mission District with some friends and saw this really cool band Cayucas a few days later. Then, a few days ago, I went to the Mission again for some serious food tourism (no really, we literally went there to hit up a bunch of restaurants). Overall, it's been awesome getting readjusted to Berekely life. There truly is no place else I would rather be, and I'm looking forward to an amazing year in this city and at this school!

After seeing Soundgarden a little over a week ago, I've really been jamming out to them. Superunknown in particular is a song I've really identified with because I'm living pretty much on my own for the first time in my life. There's so much to look forward to, and I am very much alive in the superunknown.



Karis the baybonnet

1 comment:

  1. That dress and those boots! They're both perfect! I love this look.

    Raissa | http://theleatherfannypack.com

    ReplyDelete