Thursday, July 31, 2014

All The Rage Back Home






Details: Dress-Free People, Shirt-Urban Outfitters, Boots-Buffalo Exchange

So, I'm literally in love with these pictures Jack took of me last week (this is the last of them, looks like I'll have to drag him out and about again).  The original purpose here was to go to some Trinity River levies, but once we got onto the hill of this kinda-abandoned-maybe-construction-site, the Dallas skyline in the back was perfect. Also, as much as I love the third picture, can we note that I was trying to do a "graceful spin"? Don't really know how well that turned out. 

Looking at these pictures, I realize how much I really do love Dallas.  I'm always saying that it's not a "big city" because it's not sprawling for miles and miles like San Francisco or New York, but it does have a lot to offer. I was talking with my coworker the other day and he asked "why would you ever live downtown if you didn't work there?" and I thought "man, I would live downtown even if it meant commuting out here to Plano everyday" (which I already do and it's not that bad).  I recently went and explored the Bishops Arts District and I fell in love! It reminded me of being in Berkeley, and I'm definitely going to spend my last few weeks here in the Big D getting out and exploring as much as I can. I just wish I had embraced this city more while I had the chance to instead of sitting around complaining about how boring and slow it was.

Now that I've got the culture club out of the way, can I just rant about tee shirts for a second? Like, what is it about plain tee shirts that makes me want to go spend my whole paycheck at urban outfitters and buy all the soft, oversized, destroyed tee shirts that exist? Urban's whole mood right now is just killing me because it's completely on-par with my style. I mean, I used to work there, and I'll be the first to say that I didn't really "vibe" with half their stuff at the time. BUT NOW, I think I would buy the whole store if I could. It's all tee shirts, slip dresses, tee dresses, heavy jewelry, lace, and chunky knits. I mean, really, sign me up (and also please subsidize my purchases because I can't afford to buy 10 $40 tee shirts. C'mon.)

Today's song is Interpol's newest, All The Rage Back Home. I REAAALLLY like it, and I'm excited to hear all of El Pintor because their last album was kinda weak in my opinion. On another note, I got pre-sale tickets to their show in Oakland in September and I wake up a happier person every day because of it. I thought this song would be appropriate for today since this post is all about my hometown of Dallas (and tee shirts and my love hate relationship with them), and I feel like I'm in love with it half the time (also with tee shirts though; wow this song just got more relevant). 



Karis the Baybonnet

No comments:

Post a Comment