Sunday, July 27, 2014

I Went Running From the Troubles



Details: Literally everything is from Urban Outfitters and I just realized that and this is sad.

Here is another post of pictures that my lovely friend Jack took the other day. We were walking around outside downtown when we saw this little pond and decided to stop by. Of course, we didn't stay for long because it's 100 degrees out here in Dallas. I'm wearing a schmorgesborg of items I've acquired from Urban Outfitters (the shorts and hat were from my days working there, but I got the shirt and necklace earlier this summer). It shouldn't be surprising that I'm wearing all black, seeing as this is nothing new, but I have noticed that I've really been drawn to tunic tops lately. By this I mean tops that are kinda awkwardly long and look a little weird with most shorts but also really can't be worn as a dress. Here is a perfect example. These black lace and chiffon shorts have really been a life saver because I've been wearing them with pretty much all my newly purchased tunics, and I'm now on the hunt for another pair of black shorts so I can lessen the burden on these. I've also been really into silver statement jewelry lately, and I'm really in love with the ones from Isabella Rae Jewelry. Sadly, they're rather pricy, so I've been on the lookout for similar pieces all summer. I really like this one that I got from Urban, and I believe it was around $25 (which is still more than I wanted to spend). Maybe I'll save up my intern earning and invest in a nice silver necklace at the end of the summer. 

Here are my favorite silver Isabella Rae pieces at the moment:







Today's theme song is "Undertow" by Warpaint. I usually don't like female vocalists (I don't know why), but I really like these girls. Their music is really interesting and beautiful and they bring some serious girl power. They remind me of Cat Power mixed with a bit of Radiohead, and there's a part of this song that really brings to mind "Polly" by Nirvana. Maybe you'll notice it or maybe it's just me. I've also been loving their songs Disco//Very and Keep it Healthy. So check it out and have a lovely day!


Karis the Baybonnet





1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! The hat and statement necklace look great together. This really makes me want a huge shiny statement necklace myself.

    http://theleatherfannypack.com

    ReplyDelete