Saturday, October 18, 2014

All of These Things Will Change





Details: Boots-Dolce Vita, Tights-Urban Outfitters, Dress-BDBG, Flannel-Thrifted, Necklaces-Nasty Gal and Bufalo Exchange

So it's been forever since I blogged, and that makes me sad, but hey I'm here so that's cool. Anyways, today I just want to give a shout out to my favorite month, October (now that we're like halfway through it). Fall itself is my favorite season; the changing leaves, the cool weather, the darker style that becomes more commonplace, starting new classes and meeting new people. Despite the fact that I've never been a PSL fan (I'm all about chai lattes 100% of the time), there is really something special about this season of change. I always feel like I have the chance to become a new, better version of myself. October itself is the perfect month within fall because I've had time to get into the swing of school and life, but there's still this chance of wonderful changes and surprises ahead. Also Halloween and all the spoopiness leading up to it is pretty great.  I've finally decided what I'm going to be this year and I'm super excited, but it will have to be a surprise until I make a Halloween post.

Today's song is this beautiful jam by Banks, who I got really into about a month ago (I just haven't been able to talk about it here seeing as I haven't posted in a while). Change was the first song I heard by her and I instantly fell in love with it. Everything about the song is beautiful: the lyrics, the beat, that awesome little guitar lick at the very beginning and end of the chorus (the way I feel about this lick is very similar to my feeling towards the guitar part during the verses of Sweater Weather-gfsgfjhlk). It's a melancholy song but it's also so sensual and beautiful, plus it really struck a chord with my personal life at the time that I heard it. I think it's a wonderful song to accompany my feelings about fall; not only is it literally a song about change, but it is somehow the exact feeling of curling up in a warm blanket with a hot beverage as the leaves fall put into song.



Til next time,
Karis the Baybonnet


No comments:

Post a Comment