Wednesday, November 12, 2014

You're My Medicine




Details: Dress-Reformed by the Reformation via Urban Outfitters, Sweater-Nasty Gal, Boots-Aldo

Whew, it's been such a busy week for me! I had Tuesday off for Veteran's day but I ended up spending 70% of the day working on homework in my favorite cafe.  I had a lot of stuff to catch up on after not really doing any schoolwork this weekend, so that free day was certainly welcome. Anyways, today was a pretty busy day since I have the most hours of class on Wednesday. I also attended a protest that one of my friends helped put on to raise awareness about rape culture, so that was just a super Berkeley thing I added to my schedule for today. Thankfully the weekend is in sight! Also, the weather has been lovely here lately (and by that I mean that it's feeling a little cold), so I had to put on some layers today. I wore this dress a few posts back in the summer and I commented on how I never really know how to wear it since the top part is a bit impractical. Well, I finally found my solution! It goes really well with a sweater, and the leg slits worked perfectly with my new pair of over-the-knee boots! Speaking of, I'm so excited about these boots! I had been searching for a pair of super tall boots but it was really hard for me to find a pair that fit over my calves, but these actually zip up all the way. I got them at Aldo and they were pretty reasonably priced. They have a lot of styles of tall boots too, so definitely check them out if you have bigger calves.

Today's song is a good one; it's the 1975's new single, "Medicine". I have NO IDEA why I didn't know about this sooner (I'm only like a week and a half late), but I'm glad that I've realized it's existence now. It's so beautiful, almost as beautiful as "Me", which is their most beautiful song in my opinion. And I really do mean beautiful - not cool, good, or anything else, but genuinely beautiful. I'm in love. 



Have a great week
Karis the baybonnet



No comments:

Post a Comment