Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Sinking into Sweet Uncertainty





Details: Dress-Free People, Boots-Aldo

Hello! So I realize that it's been ages since I last posted but I've been busy. *Kim K voice* Can I LIVE? Anyways, the other day I had some pictures done by a friend of mine from high school who I was in band with. She's a talented photographer and really knows how to use natural lighting. We shot at a park in our hometown, which was interesting to me because the only time I had ever been there was in high school when my friends and I would get taco bell and eat it there at night. Anyways, I chose to wear this outfit because it's one of my new favorite go-to's. First of all, I'm in LOVE with this Free People dress. Seriously, everyone should invest in one. At first I thought it was going to be too baggy on me (because contrary to popular belief, even to me, there is a point where things become too baggy), but I actually really love the way it falls on my body, and I imagine that it would look good on most body types. I paired it with my over-the-knee boots which I've been pairing with dresses and skirts a lot lately. I don't really ever wear them with jeans because I'm not a huge fan of the whole tall boots with jeans thing, but to each their own.

As far as life goes, since my last post I've endured a 10-page research paper on the Middle East, dead week, finals week, a finals-driven mental breakdown that involved a lot of pop-punk music, a statistics final that I thought for sure I would fail (I actually did really well thanks to all my early 2000s Fall Out Boy fueled studying), and the beginning of winter break. I think that at the end of the break I might make a little post with some pictures and tidbits about it. In short, I spent a week in North Carolina with my dad, step-mom, and two little step-siblings and now I'm back in Dallas soaking up that hometown goodness while also cringing at the locals a little bit. All in all, I'm super excited to go back to the Berk and extra excited because my lovely friend Caroline just got a new camera lens and said she would help me shoot for the blog (yaas)! 

Despite the fact that my pop-punk finals week breakdown is in the past, I never got to post anything about it while it was actually happening. So I'll end this post with one of the many songs I sang along to while doing copious amounts of statistics practice problems and sobbing a little.



Karis the Baybonnet

No comments:

Post a Comment