Wednesday, February 25, 2015

That Subtle Way




Details: Lace Top-LF, Bralette-Free People, Necklace-Forever21, Pants-American Apparel, Boots-Freebird from LF, Irish Cream Latte-Cafe Blue Door

WOW! What an amazing time I've been having lately. It's been a while since I've been this incredibly happy about everything that's happening to me and I'm so thankful to be able to share all my joy with you! First of all, I found out on Friday that I got into business school at Berkeley. The way that the business major works here is that you apply the end of your first semester as a sophomore and you find out the next semester if you get into the Junior/Senior program or not. I came to Berkeley because I knew how prestigious the Haas business program was and it was so scary not knowing for the past three semesters if I would even end up majoring in the thing that brought me to this amazing school in the first place. But as of Friday at 5:00 I now know what the next two years hold and I couldn't be more excited! 

Additionally, I really love my classes and the things I'm getting involved with this semester. I'm taking a lot of classes that talk about current events, politics, and things that I, as an American citizen and voter, should be aware of. Although I'm not taking anything to get me towards my major, I think that the classes I'm taking are very important and have made me so much more aware of the world I live in. I've also gotten involved with the Fashion and Student Trends club this semester as a blog writer. I've already published my first post (I'll put a link to it at the end of this post) and my second one, which is a video, should be up tomorrow. It's cool to be doing something more related to fashion and I'm meeting a lot of really lovely people with similar interests to me, so that's a bonus. 

Finally, I've met someone who has really made an impact in my life. I don't really want to go into personal details of my life here, but I'm sure that you'll be seeing more of him soon. All that you need to know is that things are going really well for me right now and I sincerely hope that you can all experience this happiness too! I know it's probably a stressful time for a lot of you if you're in school (midterms, ugh) but believe me when I say that surrounding yourself with the right kind of people and getting involved in the things that you want to do can play such a big part in helping you live a fulfilling life. Keep your head up, pour yourself a cup of tea, and let the stress escape you for just a moment each day. Please. Do it for me.

I've been listening to a lot of Bombay Bicycle Club lately; I find that during periods of optimism I tend to listen to a lot of "indie" music whereas usually I would listen to more grunge, shoegaze, ect. Anyways, I'm a big fan of theirs and one of my favorites by them is actually off their first album which I guess is sorta old now as far as modern music goes? It's called "Dust on the Ground" and it's gotten me through a lot of stress this week so please enjoy. Also, Jack Steadman is kinda a cutie? Is this just me? Please let me know.


Sorry this post was so long, I just have a lot of stuff to celebrate! Hope you all have a good week!
Karis the Baybonnet

Link to my post on the FAST blog: Click here


No comments:

Post a Comment