Saturday, June 13, 2015

I Feel Music In Your Eyes





Photo credit to Brittany at Work It, Berk

Details: Dress-Urban Outfitters, Sweater-Thrifted, Necklaces-House of Harlow via Rocksbox, Thrifted, Nacho Kid, Bag-Fossil, Shoes-Jeffrey Campbell via Sole Struck

I know it's been a while since I last posted, but I had so much great stuff going on in my life! After finals I headed home for two weeks and spent some time with my family and friends back in Dallas. I also saw my amazing sister graduate from Texas A&M University (and she already has a job as a 4th grade teacher!) I've been back in Berkeley for the past 2 weeks and started my job at thredUP in San Francisco last Monday. It's been really great, and I think that I might make a post just on that soon. It's been interesting waking up to commute on the BART every morning (and, even worse, dealing with it on the way home). It really makes me wonder, if I do decide to work in the city after I graduate, if I would rather dish out half my paycheck on a place in San Francisco or if it's worth it to live in the East Bay and commute. There's certainly pros and cons to both- the whole Bay Area is awesome so you can't really go wrong. It's also been really weird feeling like an adult...I commute to and from my job at an office downtown everyday and I'm living on my own. Nick and I even went to some happy hour alumni event for his school on Friday where we talked to a bunch of actual adults. It's weird, but definitely enjoyable at the same time. 

Anyways, a really cool thing happened last weekend and that was this photo shoot with Brittany at Work it, Berk. Her blog is really cool and talks about street fashion, bloggers, food, and more in Berkeley and the Bay Area as a whole. Everyone needs to go check out her blog right now! I was so amazed when she reached out to me to do a feature on me (mainly because I hardly ever update this blog, but I'm trying!) We shot these pictures on campus (isn't my campus just too pretty??), and I really like how they turned out. This was the first time wearing my new Jeffrey Campbell Temekus and they completely tore my feet up. Really bad experience. If you're thinking of buying them, think real long and hard about how much your little feet can take! 

As far as music goes, I've been listening to a lot of stuff lately. Jamie XX's album, In Colour, was released recently, and that's been on heavy rotation. I honestly love all of the songs and a lot of them aren't even new, but "Loud Places" is certainly a favorite. I love Romy's voice and I literally CANNOT WAIT for the new XX album that they're apparently working on. Not sure if you guys know, but I used to be obsessed with the XX (and I guess I still am, but they just haven't done anything recently for me to get super excited about). I had Siri calling me "Mrs. Oliver Sim" for way too long. There were honestly pictures of Oliver Sim on my binder senior year of high school, way past when anyone should have pictures of their favorite celebrity heart throb on their school supplies. I saw them in concert that year, when they were touring for Coexist, and it was amazing. Nick and I tried to get tickets to see Jamie in San Francisco but the tickets sold out so fast and now they're going for $200 (no concert is worth that, for real). Anyways, here's "Loud Places", but everyone should definitely go listen to the entire album because it's great.




Hope to see you all soon on the blog, I'm working on updating more AND Nick is working on putting together a snazzy new layout for me! Til then,
Karis the Baybonet


1 comment: