Sunday, April 26, 2015

Only After All the Fog Has Long Dissolved





Details: Jacket-Levi's Vintage, Shirt-UNIF, Pants-J Brand Jeans via Jeremy's, Shoes-ASOS, Bag-Fossil

I'm so excited about these pants! I wrote about them a few posts ago when I was talking about Jeremy's, my new favorite store. They're velvet J Brand bellbottoms and I got them at such a bargain. I've been looking for a pair of bellbottoms for a while and now that I have my ASOS platform boots that I wrote about in my last post I can finally wear them without tripping over myself! Also, when paired with the boots they make my legs look miles long, which is awesome. This mural that my friend Adam and I stumbled upon in Oakland last Thursday seemed like the perfect backdrop for my look. I really need to get out and explore Oakland more, and I think Nick and I are going to make it a goal to go there next weekend for a change of scenery.

However, this weekend, I (surprise!) spent my time in San Francisco. It was Nick's birthday so we went to Golden Gate Park and the De Young Museum, drove up to Twin Peaks to take in the view, and had a delicious dinner at Nopalito in the Inner Sunset. I'm hoping to go into San Francisco with my roommates one day during dead week because there really is so much to see there once you get away from the BART stops. I love the city more and more with every visit, and I can't wait to start working there in the summer!

Just LOOK at this city!

Today's song comes from Hundred Waters, a band that Nick got me into when he invited me to go to their concert with him shortly after we started dating. They were apparently the opener for Interpol on their East Coast leg of the tour I went to last semester, but Nick couldn't go because the show was canceled due to snow. Regardless, he looked up the band thinking that anyone related to Interpol in any way MUST be perfect. I'm glad he did so because they're great. I really recommend everyone check them out; their sound is a little difficult to describe: kinda ambient, electronic, slow and romantic at times but a bit creepy at other times. The singer has a really beautiful but interesting voice. A song by them that I've really been digging lately is called "Down From the Rafters" so that's the one I'm going to post today. Enjoy and have a great week!



xoxo
Karis the Baybonnet

No comments:

Post a Comment