Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Sun is Mine









Details: Shirt-Vintage via Wasteland, Shorts-One Teaspoon, Shoes-Doc Martens, Silver Necklace-Poshmark, Chocker-Urban Outfitters

It's getting warm outside so that means that my pale thighs are making their seasonal debut. I've dressed them up in my big birthday purchase: my one teaspoon 1955 Bandit shorts! I've been wanting a pair of One Teaspoon shorts for a long time but was never really sure how they would look on my body. The models and bloggers I see wearing these shorts are almost always a size 0 and the tiny garment always hang off their legs in a way that I really didn't think I could achieve with my body. However, I saw these at the Wasteland in San Francisco last week and figured that it would be a good opportunity for me to try them on and see how they fit. I actually quite like how they look on me. They're a bit short in the front and I have to give them a good tug down every once in a while when I'm walking, but they get longer in the back which is awesome because they completely cover my bum! And that's really what matters in this world, am I right ladies? The denim is also really comfortable; it's just the right amount of distress so that they're not stiff. I also picked up this amazing vintage tee at Wasteland. I really love vintage band tees but to avoid being a hypocrite I only buy shirts for bands I actually listen to. Soundgarden is without a doubt one of my favorite bands so of course I jumped at the opportunity to own an actual vintage concert tee from their 1996 North American tour (and vintage concert tees can go for some crazy high prices but this one was actually really cheap). As you can see, I'm really excited about the fact that there's a Wasteland here in SF. I could have sworn that the only one was in LA, but I was walking through the Haight with Nick because he lives in the area and I saw it and basically died right then and there. I can already tell that I'm going to be making a trip every time I'm in the city. 

I would also like to take a moment to talk about how this outfit makes me feel. I've been feeling a bit down about my body lately, specifically my legs. The bloggers and models I follow and am inspired by tend to have rather lithe bodies with straight, skinny legs and thigh gaps. Sometimes I feel like my body doesn't have a place in the fashion world or that I can't wear the things that I want to wear because they just won't look "right" on me. It's an issue for me because I really do enjoy putting together outfits and blogging about them but I don't like looking at my body in pictures. However, I really like the way the pictures today turned out and I feel proud of my body and my thighs and the fact that these shorts that I felt for sure would look horrid on me actually make them look pretty great. So lets all embrace our bodies and love them for what they are and be happy with everything we put on them. #bodypositive. Here's a Soundgarden song because what else?


-Karis the Baybonnet





No comments:

Post a Comment