Monday, March 30, 2015

Spring Break Recap



Details: Shirt-Project Social T via Urban Outfitters, Pants-Urban Outfitters, Shoes-Coverse, Bag-Fossil

This isn't really an outfit post as much as it is a recap of what I've been up to lately since I haven't posted in a little while. I just finished my first day of school after spring break and, in classic Karis fashion yet again, am writing this post to avoid doing actually pressing school work. Anyways, I figured I would give a quick little recap of my break apart form just posting my outfit picture from the other day, which by the way makes me look more "Berkeley" than just about anything I have ever worn. 

I was back home in Dallas for my break and spent the majority of the week bumming around with my boyfriend and my parents. Most of my friends weren't on spring break at the same time as me, but I did get to see a few people. Anyways, I actually got a lot done such as finalizing my resume, applying to some jobs/internships, and writing/styling a blog post for the Cal FAST blog that I also write for. Probably the most exciting thing I did was go on a little Texas day trip with Nick, my boyfriend, on Monday. The most interesting place near Dallas appeared to be the Dinosaur Valley State Park in Glen Rose, TX, so we drove there and spent a few hours hiking, taking photos, and checking out some very sketchy "dinosaur footprints". We then intended to go see the original Dr. Pepper bottling plant in Dublin, TX, the real home of the nectar of the gods despite Waco attempting to claim that title. Sadly, the museum was closed on Mondays? Just Mondays. Definitely should have checked that before driving for an hour to get there, but you live with your choices. We then drove to Waco to visit my two closest friends from home who go to school there. It was nice getting to see them and having them meet Nick, but there wasn't really a whole lot to do in Waco besides sit in their apartment and get Tex Mex food. Regardless, it was a nice day and Nick and I enjoyed getting to spend some time driving around our state (even though I was kinda asleep most of the time in the car, oops).

Here are some photos from our magical adventures:

The Dallas skyline

Eating some sandos in nature

The only slightly interesting thing in Dublin, Texas: this creepy cowboy mural

I hope everyone had an amazing spring break, and now it's time to get back to work! 
Karis the Baybonnet

No comments:

Post a Comment