Thursday, April 23, 2015

Baby Let Me In







Details: Dress-Urban Outfitters, Boots-ASOS, Necklace-House of Harlow via Rocksbox, Socks-IDK my mom won them as part of a raffle???

Hello everyone! I'm here today to talk about two of my absolute favorite new clothing items that I just so happen to be wearing together in this post: this Urban Outfitters dress and these ASOS boots! First of all, I found this dress the other day when I was doing a "I just finished a lot of stuff I had to do for school and tax returns are a thing" trip to Urban Outfitters. I had picked out a few items and told myself that I was only allowed to buy one thing. I had originally picked up this dress not thinking it would be as bodycon as it actually is, but when I tried it on I instantly fell in love. I think the cut is so flattering for my body type, and it allows me to show off my curves without being too revealing. It's a moderate length, it's not low cut, but it still manages to show off my body in a way that I'm comfortable with. Also, it can be easily dressed up and down, which makes it super versatile. If anyone is looking for that perfect LBD, I highly recommend this dress! You can click the link to it in my details section. I'm also absolutely in love with these platform chelsea boots I purchased recently from ASOS. I've been wanting a pair of boots like this for a while but finally took the plunge because these were on sale (and still are!) and I had just found the PERFECT pair of bell bottoms at Jeremy's and really needed a shoe of this exact height to be able to wear them without tripping over myself. They're a but more heeled than I'm used to, but after wearing them around for a few days, I'm relatively used to walking in them now. This is also a shoe that I would absolutely recommend to anyone because they're pretty comfortable, affordable, and are also really versatile and can go with casual outfits or something a bit nicer. It feels so great to know that the purchases I make for my closet are really going to go a long way. I think that's something I've been getting better at - making purchases that really make sense. I think more now when I think about buying something about how many times I would wear the item, how many things could I pair it with, is it really a sound investment? I guess I'm maturing.

If you've been reading my blog for a while now, you'll know that last semester around dead week and finals week I went through this really weird stage of only listening to pop punk music that I listened to in middle school and early high school. It really kept me motivated to do my work for whatever reason. Maybe I was transporting myself back to a less stressful time in my life or maybe there really is just something about Patrick Stump's voice that inspired me to keep those statistics practice problems going into the wee hours of the night. Whatever the reasoning, it's happening again? This year's pop punk breakdown star is My Chemical Romance, and I've been really feeling the nostalgia the past few days. Gerard Way just gets my teen heart beating faster, faster, ya know? Anyways, I've been listening to this real throwback from their first album (before Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge), mainly because the video is just so...Gerard. Anyways, here is "Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough for the Two of us" (also can we just talk about how ridiculous early 2000s pop punk song titles were? It made making mix CDs so difficult!)



May death never stop you,
Karis the Baybonnet



No comments:

Post a Comment