Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Don't Mind if Everybody's Far Behind







Details: Pants-American Apparel, Shirt-Urban Outfitters via Jeremy's, Flannel-Vintage, Necklaces-Forever 21 and Dailylook.com, Shoes-Freebird via LF

The weather here has been so indecisive lately, which I guess is pretty normal for the Bay Area.  Yesterday I really couldn't decide if I was cold or warm all day, hence the loose and cool shirt paired with the warmer flannel to pull out during gusts of wind. I absolutely love this backless black shirt and almost bought it while it was at Urban Outfitters, but I'm glad I didn't because I found it a few weeks ago at Jeremy's for over half off! Jeremy's is literally the greatest place on Earth, and I feel so bad for all of you not from the Bay Area who have to live life without it. It's a discounted retail store and they have such great stuff from Urban Outfitters, Free People, For Love and Lemons, Alexander Wang, ect...you get the picture. On my last trip there I found this shirt, some black bell bottoms from Joe's Jeans, and a Free People bralette for $5. #winning

I had a very busy weekend and am now catching up on all the schoolwork I have due in the upcoming weeks. On Friday I went into the city for an internship interview, which was nice because I love going to San Francisco whenever I can (not that it's hard now that I have an excuse to because of Nick). Then I went to a karaoke social I had planned for WYSE, a club I'm in on campus. I spent the night horribly belting out "Helena" by My Chemical Romance and reliving my middle school years and also that weird post-punk meltdown I had before finals last semester. On Saturday I went into the city with Mackenzie, one of my roommates, to get brunch and go shopping. Nick and I met up after Mackenzie went back to Berkeley and we went to the Exploratorium, which I've been wanting to go to for ages! It was pretty cool I suppose; some of the stuff was kind of hit or miss and there were children everywhere, but it was fun exploring all the little science things with Nick. I was very much that person that just walked up to a thing without reading the instructions and just starting pressing buttons and Nick would have to stop me and say "omg no you have to turn this thing first and then touch this metal to this other thing and then you can press the button". We ended the night here in Berkeley hanging out with some of my floormates from last year playing Mario Kart (which I used to be good at and am apparently now just AWFUL at). 

I've been working much harder during the week than I have in past semesters since I spend my weekends doing fun stuff with Nick. Still, I don't think I've become a "weekend warrior" or anything because I still manage to set aside time in the week to grab coffee or dinner with my friends just so that I'm not overwhelmed with studying always. I have some pretty great stuff planned for the next few upcoming weekends, and I can't wait to take pictures and blog about it all! Til then, here is the song for the day. It's by Banks, who I've been listening to a lot lately. Her music is so beautiful and it was hard to pick just one song to feature today! I've chosen F*** Em Only We Know because I feel like a lot of her songs are about lost love or anger towards a loved one, and that's really not what I'm feeling right now. This song is definitely about that Bonnie & Clyde Ride or Die kind of love, and the lyrics are actually really sweet, so enjoy!


xoxo
Karis the Baybonnet

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am new to Blogger but I stumbled upon your profile and really love it! Along with your Instagram and Poshmark because I have those too. I will be putting up things on my blog soon so hopefully a follow back at some point? But keep doing you girl!

    ReplyDelete